shvl staff workflow
media labs staff workflowsoundhouse
1. receive job request by email, phone
2. confirm/reject offer by email, phone
3. Arrive 1 hour before session start time, set up lab as per email confirmation eg sh, vl, s1Checklist 1blank mediacreate output work foldercheck event in report www.shvl.org/report
4. meet group arrive at level 3 minimum 5-10 mins prior to start time
a) if no show by 5 mins after start time ring booking contact to seek update info
b) upon arrival, speak to teacher, confirm logistics and booking detailschecklist 2program namefinish timegroup subject/interest areaany other relevant info
5. welcome group to museum
6. arrive soundhouseworkshop policy/contracttrade off attention to instruction for free exploration timebehaviour standards
7. deliver workshop
8. complete event in report www.shvl.org/report
9. completed work to output work folder, CD etc (take away media) created.
10. finish workshop
11. farewell group at soundhouse or museum entrance
its like this....
2 days per week office manager
enter calendar events into outlook master calendar, liaise with staff tutors, add events to ecomm system and shvl, off line bookings, add events to report database, vis fig reports to venue.
update website - current calendar view
music on computer - the complete overview
x 6 per year.
Music software solutions in focus.
reason. flstudio. acid. cubase. vegas. ableton. sibelius.
x 1 or 2 per year.
podcasting. blogging - rss feeds. radio plays and sound art. story telling.
x 1 or 2 per year.
program fliers, intro at sydney Design workshops, talks, masterclass. Give away free seats for first 5 etc.
Fbi sponsorship and giveaway course seats.
thanks for opportunity for banner on cafe
small number of posters out Sydney Design. Galleries, cafes darlinghurst, newtown.
media labs are part of the market building solution in young designer types, bridging reflection and networking with action (buy a workshop)- appealing to target audience and offering additional links to museum galleries.
A place to reflect and experiment with ideas to do with vectorlabsoundhouse: informal learning, technology, creativity.
- Name: pete mahony
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Well, how did I get here?
Original member of the Castanet Club 11 pce cabaret ensemble in the 80's.
BA Uni of Newcastle.
Grad Dip music therapy UTS Sydney.
Since 1994 manager of the soundhouse computer music lab at powerhouse museum in sydney. www.soundbyte.org
View my complete profile